Dematic is a leading supplier of integrated automated technology, software and services to optimize the supply chain. Dematic employs over 6,000 skilled logistics professionals to serve its customers globally, with engineering centers and manufacturing facilities located around the world. Dematic is one brand under the KION Group of companies and has implemented more than 6,000 integrated systems for a customer base that includes small, medium and large companies doing business in a variety of market sectors.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Dematic is a member of KION Group, a global leader in industrial trucks, related services and supply chain solutions. Across more than 100 countries worldwide, the KION Group designs, builds and supports logistics solutions that optimize material and information flow within factories, warehouses and distribution centers. The company is the largest manufacturer of industrial trucks in Europe, the second-largest producer of forklifts globally and a leading provider of warehouse automation.
This position supports the installation organization by assisting Installation Managers and Supervisors in the effort to coordinate site mobilization and start-up as well as track and forecast resale costs by project.
* Supports the coordination of the site mobilization by working with the Installation Managers and Supervisors by arranging the necessary third party resale equipment required to successfully execute on-site operations.
* Leads the effort along with purchasing to prioritize release of purchase orders in support of site mobilization and execution.
* Leads the effort along with purchasing to identify opportunities for cost reductions on third party equipment purchased by installation.
* Analyzes cost spend to identify common components consistently purchased by supervisors that should be included in the engineering order entry.
* Monitor and track Installation purchase orders to accurately forecast the realization of the invoices by project.
* Monitor and track Installation purchase orders to avoid invoice aging and unexpected incurrences.
* Lead the effort to support on-site Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI).
* Performs routine work within technical or paraprofessional area. Identifies problems as they occur and suggest appropriate solutions.
* Responsible for interfacing with Project Management, Installation Management, Engineering and customer on project issues.
* Quoting projects, including a pricing review meeting, justifying installation costs, and choosing subcontractors in conjunction with purchasing.
* Attend weekly project review meetings, track financials, and contact and update the sub-contractors on a weekly basis.
* Make site visits occasionally to enforce safety and quality standards.
* Attend post project meetings to recommend design or concept changes if problems arose during the installation process.
* Forecast monthly installation costs, and update the installation management tool and PMC tool
* Promote job site safety and a clean and productive work environment.
* Team attitude; cooperate with others with exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
* Participates in analysis of existing methods to promote effective operations through standardization, improvement, simplification, discontinuance, or other methods.
* Participates in recommending business processes that ensure alignment with strategic direction; integrates business processes between multiple organizations.
* Participates in the coordination of business process changes, assists in implementing system solutions.
What We Are Looking For
EducationBachelors degree or equivalent experience is suggested.
Knowledge and Experience: Candidate should have the appropriate math skills (calculations, geometry, etc.), follows and enforces established safety rules and regulations to maintain a safe and clean environment. In addition, candidates should have strong organizational, computer, and interpersonal skills. Good time management skills, professional dress, speech, and behavior are all required for this position.
Direction of Others: May provide advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and other employees. Key Working Relationships: Represents the organization as a prime internal contact.