Job Summary: The Inside Sales Representative supports the outside sales team, as well as the customer directly. A successful inside sales representative will help grow sales revenue by developing customer relationships, creating quotes and orders in a timely manner, interpreting technical requirements, and providing technical information. The primary objective of this position is to provide excellent service for internal teammates and external customers. This position will report to the Inside Sales Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide a customer experience that is non-comparable in the industry.
- Listen to and understand the needs and expectations of the customers and provide relevant solutions.
- Interact with vendors to obtain proper pricing and delivery information, as well as resolutions to common problems.
- Develop sales revenue by building customer relationships, providing technical information and explanations, as well as logistical support.
- Work in concert with outside sales team to meet and exceed customers expectations.
- Create long-term customers by providing an excellent customer experience through the quotation and order creation process.
- Achieve and exceed sales goals.
- Nurture new accounts by responding to telephone, fax, and e-mail inquiries in a timely fashion. Accuracy and attention to detail are mandatory.
- Fulfill customer orders by accurately entering them into the system, communicating an expected delivery date, and explaining any stock-outs or backorders.
- Maintain and improve quality results by following standards and providing feedback or recommendations aimed at improving current practices, policies, and procedures.
- Update job knowledge by reviewing vendors new product offerings and participating in educational opportunities.
- Accept ownership of new tasks and directives as delegated by your leadership team to help accomplish department and organizational goals.
- Participate in informational classes to gain knowledge and develop best practices.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School Degree required, with previous customer service experience.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred (Business Administration or Equivalent).
- Comfortable using CRM software, Inventory and Order Management software, and MS office software, preferably experience with company's system
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with confidence.
- Good organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, and ability to review work for errors.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle tight time-frames.
- Motivated and energized by problem-solving for our customers.
- Committed to doing whatever it takes to support our customer, even if it means working longer days on occasion.
- Ability to work in a team environment and support each member of the team.
- Not afraid to ask for help when needed, and willing to help when asked.
- Willingness to be creative and always think of different ways the company can succeed.
- Motivation to achieve sales goals.
- Willingness to learn technical information regarding tooling and industrial manufacturing products and services.
- Professional demeanor.
Associated topics: agent, business, dealer, gerber, inbound, inside sales, inside sales representative, life insurance, phone, vacation