Organization NameWESCO Lighting Solutions (WLS)Company Overview
WESCO International, Inc. (NYSE: WCC), a publicly traded Fortune 500 holding company headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, is a leading provider of electrical, industrial, and communications maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) products, construction materials, and advanced supply chain management and logistic services. 2018 annual sales were approximately $8.2 billion. The company employs approximately 9,100 people, maintains relationships with approximately 30,000 suppliers, and serves approximately 70,000 active customers worldwide. Customers include commercial and industrial businesses, contractors, government agencies, institutions, telecommunications providers, and utilities. WESCO operates 10 fully automated distribution centers and approximately 500 branches in North America and international markets, providing a local presence for customers and a global network to serve multi-location businesses and multi-national corporations.
The Renovation Lighting Consultant is responsible for calling on customers to create new demand for renovation lighting and lighting controls projects at a district and branch level in alignment with the overall Lighting Solutions & Services group sales and margin plan. Working with outside sales and sales leadership at assigned branches and under the direction of the Regional Renovation Lighting Manager, follows the identified Q|C|P process to identify and qualify new opportunities, work through the pipeline stages, and ultimately close new revenue for the business. Provides support to promote and sell lighting products and services to customers. Responsible for achieving inside or outside sales revenue goals by obtaining and up-selling orders, creating customer satisfaction, and adding value to customer's buying experience.
* Utilizes solution-selling Q|C|P approach and makes recommendations to prospects and customer base oriented around creating value for customer with lighting and controls solutions.
* Conducts joint sales calls and customer-facing activity with branch outside sales representatives, while also working with the Regional Marketing Manager to generate own leads and opportunities.
* Utilizes Lighting Solutions & Services tools and processes to accelerate new opportunity identification, pipeline development, and revenue growth across assigned branches or district.
* Conducts training for OSR and ISR network to facilitate opportunity identification and new demand creation within branch current customer base.
* Performs lighting audits as directed by the Regional Manager or Project Development team
* Supports branch in preparing customer presentations and proposals leading to sales goal achievement.
* Prepares variety of status reports, including proposal and quote activity, closings, sales-book pipeline and opportunity review, and sales and margin performance.
* Establishes and maintains effective working team relationships with branch personnel in assigned districts.
Utilizes Lighting Solutions & Services team resources to drive sales and margin goal attainment.
EXPERIENCE: 2+ years of sales experience
EDUCATION: High School Degree or Equivalent required
Quick to learn In-depth knowledge of lighting products
Excellent verbal and written communications skills including the ability to convincingly persuade others as evidenced in personal and telephone interviews.
Ability to clearly and effectively set and attain goals as evidenced by track record of setting goals, creating work plan, establishing reward, working diligently, measuring performance, adjusting as necessary and accomplishing goal.
Strong computer skills.
* General Office Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
* Outside Sales Work is generally performed in an office environment, but employee may need to travel to customer sites or warehouse facilities. Driving may be required for an extended period of time with frequent stops and starts. Can be exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
* Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time.
* Employee required to sit and drive a vehicle to perform their job.
* Employee required to analyze and interpret complex data.
* Employee required to problem-solve.
* Employee required to communicate with the public.
At WESCO, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, paid time off (PTO), 401k, tuition reimbursement, STD/LTD, Legal assistance and more.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WESCO International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates (\"WESCO\"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.\"
Press \"Apply Now\" below.
Associated topics: account executive, booker, business, direct, director, expert, recruiter, representative, strategist, supervisor